BeerBocks of hoodoo
Maybe your eyes just glazed over, maybe you want to stop here, I get it, crypto isn’t for everybody, but if you’d like to know more about NFTs and how they can actually have tangible benefits (beer in your belly), follow me down the rabbit hole!
Cryptocurrency is still fairly unregulated and pretty hard to get ahold of and actually use. Frankly, it’s also really hard to explain to people. So let’s learn together.
CLICK HERE to see BEER BOCKS of HooDoo Collection
Hoodoo NFTS?!?! LFG!
The “BeerBocks of HooDoo” collection is a set of 125 unique pixelated drawings. Each of the BeerBocks will be available for sale as NFTs (non-fungible tokens) and when purchased will serve as a VIP membership token at HooDoo Brewing Company in Fairbanks, Alaska. BeerBocks will be available for sale Friday, May 6th at 12:00pm Alaska Standard Time through the NFT marketplace Solsea.
Token holders will receive these great benefits:
- Your very own BeerBock NFT!
- One pint of Maibock every year for the next 10 years
- One commemorative Maibock 2022 16oz glass
- One commemorative Maibock 2022 poster
- Access to Maibock pre-sale at HooDoo one day before the Maibock release. Get first pick of Maibock T-shirts, additional posters, stickers, glassware and pick up a couple of early 4-packs of Maibock Lager.
Cost: approximately $81 (fluctuates slightly with value of SOL)
Intrigued? let’s dive deeper…
A non-fungible token (NFT) is a non-interchangeable unit of data stored on a blockchain, a form of digital ledger, that can be sold and traded. Hmm…sounds complicated…basically, an NFT can be artwork, video, music, a membership pass or anything represented in a digital format stored on a blockchain. Each BeerBock is cryptographically unique, and tokenized on the Solana blockchain as an NFT. To purchase a BeerBocks of HooDoo NFT, you will need a cryptocurrency “wallet” on your computer or phone, and some cryptocurrency!
All BeerBock purchases will be made using the cryptocurrency called SOL, which is the native token of the Solana blockchain. Here is a critical thing to understand in this process moving forward, SOL is the native token of Solana, and all transactions on the Solana blockchain are paid in SOL. Your wallet will also need to be a Solana native wallet – we recommend the “Phantom” wallet.
1. Set up Your Phantom Wallet
A crypto wallet is a place for you to store digital currencies (fungible and non-fungible tokens) and sign for transactions on the blockchain. Having a crypto wallet gives you a way to actually spend your cryptocurrency on innovative digital products…like BeerBocks!
Your wallet can be mobile on your phone, or on your laptop as a browser extension (or both). For mobile, go to your favorite app store and download the Phantom app. On your computer, download the browser extension (only available for Chrome, Brave, Firefox, or Edge).
During the wallet setup process, you’ll be given something called a “secret recovery phrase”. This set of words, in order, are the digital keys to your vault. Make sure to store your “SECRET RECOVERY PHRASE” somewhere safe. If you lose your secret recovery phrase, or give it to someone, all assets in your wallet could be lost forever! We suggest writing it down on a piece of paper and filing it, and never trust someone online who asks for it!
2. Now let’s fund your wallet with some SOL
The initial sale price for a BeerBock NFT will be the USD$ equivalent of approximately $81, or 1 SOL as of May 6th, 2022. We suggest holding a couple extra dollars worth of SOL to cover small transaction fees.
If you already have an account on a cryptocurrency exchange like Coinbase, FTX, Binance, Crypto.com, ect, you can buy or trade for SOL, then send the SOL to your Phantom wallet address. This is probably your easiest route to a BeerBock, and takes the least amount of set up. Here’s some more info on transferring SOL to your phantom wallet from an exchange. How to Deposit SOL.
If you don’t have an account with a crypto exchange and still wanna dig deeper to get yourself a BeerBock, follow me – let’s do this!
- Download the Crypto.com APP on your phone
- Create a Crypto.com account
- Watch the video
- Fantastic, now you have funded your Crypto.com account with some SOL!
- Progress check: So far you should have an empty Phantom wallet and SOL in your Crypto.com account, let’s put them together!
The first time you transfer from Crypto.com to a newly linked wallet, there is a 24hr waiting period for the transfer to occur.
- Watch this short video
- NOTE: transferring to an external wallet from Crypto.com takes having a 2 factor authentication app. That’s right, just when you thought this couldn’t get any more complicated! We recommend the Google Authenticator app.
If you are new or unfamiliar with 2 factor authentication, watch this quick video.
- Mission accomplished! You now have a fat stack of SOL sitting in your Phantom wallet, poised to buy a BeerBock,
- Now is a good time to grab a beer and watch this for some basic tips on Crypto security.
- Ok, here we are, a fully funded wallet with SOL burning a hole in it. Lets go to the NFT marketplace Solsea, search BeerBocks of HooDoo to view the collection, and purchase as many of these pixelated goats as you like!
- DIRECT LINK: https://solsea.io/collection/6244d781d3409925c19e0760
NOTE: If you are going through this process/quest on mobile, you will need to search https://solsea.io/ through Phantom’s in App browser. What is that, you say? Located at the bottom right of the Mobile Phantom main screen, the in-App browser icon is shaped like a small cartographic globe.
All purchased NFT’s will be viewable under “Collectables” in your Phantom wallet. On May 13th, 2022 a QR code NFT will be airdropped to your wallet to redeem at the brewery for your yearly pint, and your glass and poster.
Help!! If you got lost in any of this, try googling or YouTubing some of these terms and steps. Ask a friend or neighbor. I mean, we all know a guy who made 40K on the last DOGE coin pump, right? There’s a lot to learn in this burgeoning wild west crypto space. I’d be happy to help with questions if you’ve made it this far. If you’re stuck, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll do my best to help you along!
What is an NFT? (YouTube Video)
What is Solana? (Blockworks.co)
What is Web 3? (Coindesk.com)
What is a secret recovery phrase and why do I need one?(Phantom App)